The Beef and Lamb Excellence Awards programme is the nation’s longest running culinary awards and a highly sought-after accolade by those in the New Zealand food service industry. The holders of this award have been scouted out by culinary trained assessors and are believed to be the country’s top restaurants, producing delicious and innovative beef and lamb dishes.
Culinary trained assessors judge restaurants on the level of cookery, creativity and the execution of their beef and lamb cuisine.
This year 177 restaurants have been awarded and been sent a gold plate to mark their achievement.
During the assessment process, five chefs who excelled with their dishes were selected as Ambassador Chefs, who together will work on behalf of Beef + Lamb New Zealand to pass on their skills to the wider industry.
The 2018 Beef and Lamb New Zealand Ambassador Chefs are –
- Alistair Forster, Forsters Mahana, Nelson
- Damon McGinniss, Emporium Bar & Eatery at the Art Deco Masonic Hotel, Napier
- Freddie Ponder, Salt Restaurant at the Waterfront Hotel, New Plymouth
- Harry Williams, Alpha Street Kitchen, Cambridge
- Kate Fay, Cibo Parnell, Auckland
For the full list of 2018 Excellence Award holders or to find out more about the Ambassador Chefs, visit https://nzexcellenceawards.co.nz/ambassadorchefs/.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand
09 489 7119