Commercial packages available for rugby world cup coverage
Spark Sport has confirmed that commercial passes for viewing the Rugby World Cup 2019 will go on sale from early May. According to Spark Sport and Hospitality New Zealand the commercial packages will be offered at consumer pricing, with an early bird discount being offered throughout the month of May.
Spark Sport has also confirmed that 12 matches will be available free to air via TVNZ during the Rugby World Cup this year (a full list of which can be found below), and that a contingency agreement has been reached with TVNZ that means there will be a “back-up” plan for viewing the games in case of any unexpected technical issues.
Key points include:
- Spark Sport Rugby World Cup 2019 tournament passes to go on sale in early May, opening with a “super early bird” price of $59.99, available during the month of May.
- Tournament passes provide live and on demand access to all 48 matches in the tournament, on a wide range of devices.
- 12 matches will be available for free with TVNZ and for Spark Sport free-to-view account holders, including every New Zealand pool and knock-out match, some live and some delayed; a further two matches will be free on Spark Sport.
- Spark Sport has a back-up TV arrangement in place with TVNZ as contingency in case of a significant issue.
Hospitality businesses wanting to show the matches should make sure they set their premises up with a high-quality, unlimited data broadband connection (ideally a fibre connection, according to Spark Sport). To do this, you can contact your internet service provider to make sure your internet connection is ready for streaming in high definition. You should also be aware that, if necessary, an upgrade to fibre may take time to organise.
According to Spark Sport, hospitality businesses wishing to show the games on a single screen can do so through the available consumer devices for streaming Spark Sport. For set up in a commercial venue, you may need to get the advice of an audio visual (AV) technician, who should be able to suggest the best way for you to connect.
Spark Sport has confirmed the following pricing for commercial premises :
- ”Super early bird” Rugby World Cup tournament pass available during the month of May at $59.99.
- ”Early bird” tournament passes available from June until early September at $79.99.
- Rugby World Cup tournament pass available from early September up until tournament kick off at $89.99.
Rugby World Cup matches broadcast free to air on TVNZ 1 and streamed on Spark Sport free-to-view:
- Friday 20 September / Pool A, Match 1 (opening match) / Japan v Russia / LIVE
- Saturday 21 September / Pool B, Match 4 / NZ v South Africa / delayed by one hour
- Saturday 28 September / Pool C, Match 13 / Tonga v Argentina / LIVE
- Wednesday 2 October / Pool B, Match 20 / NZ v Canada / delayed by one hour
- Friday 4 October / Pool B, Match 23 / South Africa v Italy / LIVE
- Sunday 6 October / Pool B, Match 27 / NZ v Namibia / delayed by one hour
- Wednesday 9 October / Pool D, Match 32 / Fiji v Wales / LIVE
- Sunday 12 October / Pool B, Match 34 / NZ v Italy / delayed by one hour
- One quarter final: TBC (NZ team, if they make the quarter finals) / delayed by one hour
- Saturday 26 October / Semi-finals, Match 45 / LIVE
- Sunday 27 October / Semi-finals, Match 46 / LIVE
- Saturday 2 November / Final, Match 48 and medal ceremony / LIVE
Rugby World Cup matches streamed on Spark Sport free-to-view:
- Wednesday 25 September / Pool D, Match 10 / Fiji v Uruguay / delayed by two hours
- Monday 30 September / Pool A, Match 18 / Scotland v Samoa / delayed by two hours
This article originally appeared on Hospitality New Zealand’s website, www.hospitality.org.nz.