Keto Chocolate Mousse
Food is for being enjoyed…there is no fun in eating if you’re always feeling guilty or bad about it. Wahiki have paired up with a recipe maker to make a delicious recipe for a rich and luxurious chocolate mousse, that will tickle your insides and is keto friendly.
5 tbsp Wahiki Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
1 can of full fat coconut cream
1 tbsp coconut milk (or 1 tbsp maple syrup* instead of the coconut milk and stevia)
1 tsp stevia
3 tbsp organic raw cacao powder (not cocoa)
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight then open and scoop the top layer of hardened coconut cream off the top (usually about half the can will be the cream then the bottom half will be coconut water).
- Place into a blender with the Wahiki Ice Cream, coconut milk or maple syrup, stevia if not using maple syrup, cacao powder (I use cacao not cocoa as it has more health benefits – think much higher antioxidants, iron and magnesium – and a lighter fresher flavour) and vanilla essence.
- I also used a vanilla pod and scraped the vanilla seeds out for a little extra vanilla flavour.
- Blend until well combined and smooth. If its not blending well then add a tiny bit more coconut milk or maple syrup.
- Once well blended scoop into a nice glass or dish and place in fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Optional extra to add a nice edible flower on top or a drizzle of maple syrup.
*Note: If you use maple syrup the recipe is no longer keto.
Wahiki sugar content:
Turmeric Latte: 9.5g