A Pacific Nights themed ceremony heralded the announcement of the 16th annual Lewisham Awards where the Auckland hospitality industry acknowledged the outstanding abilities of their own. This year’s event, held at Eden Park was a sell out, which is a tribute to the calibre of the finalists and highlights the high regard in which they are held.
The Lewisham Awards (named after Richard Lewisham, who was a pioneer of the Auckland hospitality scene) were established in 2002 with the main objective to encourage excellence in the city’s hospitality community. With this in mind, the best in the business are honoured by their peers once a year, as the industry comes together to celebrate their success.
Finalists and winners came from a mix of both new and well established businesses, highlighting this dynamic and ever changing industry and showing that Auckland hospitality remains in excellent heart.
Some categories, such as Outstanding Restaurateur and Outstanding Maitre d’, were once again tightly fought, showing the depth of talent that we have in Auckland in our food and beverage offerings.
The 2018 Lewisham Awards winners are:
Crombie Lockwood Outstanding Waiter –Loz Colwill, Apero
- Antipodes Water Outstanding Maitre d’ – Sonya Chan, White + Wong’s
- Federal Merchants & Co Outstanding Bartender – Prateek Arora, Cassia
- Restaurant Association of NZ Sales Representative – Craig MacKenzie, Sunshine Brewery
- Hospitality Association of NZ Outstanding Supplier – Hancock’s Wine, Spirit & Beer Merchants
- EuroVintage Outstanding Wine List – Apero
- Negociants Outstanding Wine Service Professional – Ismo Koski, Apero
- Southern Hospitality Outstanding Local – Mo’s
- Hellers Outstanding Caterer – Urban Gourmet
- CLYTH MACLEOD Outstanding Street Food – The Lucky Taco
- Hancock’s Wine, Spirit & Beer Merchants Outstanding Bar –Caretaker
- Meadow Fresh Outstanding Barista – Sai Okesene, Super
- Bidfood Outstanding Cafe – Kokako Cafe
- Independent Liquor Outstanding New Venue –Parasol & Swing
- OneMusic Outstanding Establishment – Amano
- Moana New Zealand Emerging Talent – Jami Kerrigan
- Winterhalter NZ Outstanding Chef – Che Barrington, GoGo Daddy, Chop Chop/Woodpecker Hill/Bluebreeze Inn
- Pernod Ricard Outstanding Restaurateur –Sid Sahrawat, Cassis/Sidart
- Moet Hennessy Outstanding Hospitality Personality – Nicola Richards, Monsoon Poon