The Queenstown hospitality industry is to be celebrated at the regional Hospitality Awards, an industry event aimed at highlighting the very best of the region.
Organised by the Restaurant Association of NZ, Trents Wholesale and RA Lexis ComplyHub, the awards are an occasion for Queenstown to celebrate and promote its regional excellence of food and beverage offerings.
“This has been a very tough year for hospitality, particularly in the Southern Lakes region, so it’s imperative the industry comes together to recognise our champions and put aside the challenges we are currently facing, for a night to focus on celebrating the great people and businesses that make up this outstanding region of the country,” says Restaurant Association of New Zealand CEO, Marisa Bidois.
Seventeen award categories recognise the best of Queenstown hospitality industry – from crew members, to suppliers, to establishments – each will be celebrated for their contribution in creating a world-class hospitality industry in the region.
Melinda Baillie, Head of Trents Wholesale says “Trents has been lead sponsor for the Queenstown Hospitality Awards since they started up again in 2018. It is important to us to support hospitality and hospitality operators in the region, as they support us. We see it as even more important right now to contribute to this celebration, with the challenges we are all facing”.
Nominations are open to the industry until Friday, March 26. Final voting will begin on Tuesday, April 6 and winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony at Queenstown’s Skyline on Monday, May 3.
The general public may also vote for their favourite establishment in the People’s Choice category award.
Queenstown Hospitality Awards 2021 Categories:
• Meadow Fresh Outstanding Barista
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bartender
• Tevalis Outstanding Front of House Team
• Antipodes Outstanding Maitre’d
• Mt Cool Alpine Salmon Emerging Chef
• Southern Hospitality Outstanding Chef
• Menulog Outstanding Street Food/Casual Dining
• Bidfood Outstanding Café
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bar
• Restaurant Association of NZ Wine & Beverage List
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Wine Experience
• OneMusic Outstanding Ambience & Design
• Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Regional Establishment
• Eftpos NZ Outstanding Restaurant
• McCarthy Outstanding Sales Rep
• Skyline Queenstown Outstanding Supplier
• Restaurant Association of NZ People’s Choice Award
For more information:- https://hospitalityawards.co.nz/queenstown.