An exciting remote-working role is now available for an enthusiastic and experienced media sales manager to take the helm on two of New Zealand’s leading magazines and affiliated digital/social properties: liquor trade title The Shout NZ covering all things drinks; and World of Wine, consumer wine and travel title with New Zealand’s only Master Sommelier, Cameron Douglas.
About The Intermedia Group (New Zealand)
Australia’s leading trade media group The Intermedia Group (TIG) is further expanding its existing New Zealand presence and has an immediate need for an enthusiastic and experienced sales manager.
Already known for key New Zealand properties including Hospitality Business, The Shout NZ and World of Wine, TIG is a long-established yet dynamic trade publisher headquartered in Sydney with prolific media properties across the liquor, hospitality, beauty, accommodation and government industries.
About the role
With a thriving events, print and digital business and extensive Sydney-based teams behind you, you’ll be working remotely as an independent contractor in the Auckland area within a broader New Zealand-based team to drive The Shout NZ and World of Wine to even greater success.
The successful applicant will be a powerful driving force with sole local responsibility for securing advertising and sponsorship revenue for these two leading titles. You’ll be selling across both mastheads’ print, digital and social media inventory and will have a great deal of autonomy to drive the bottom line, guided by a number of targets.
Reporting to the Associate Publisher, the successful candidate will be a seasoned sales professional with a passion for growing business and ideally an existing network of advertisers in the liquor and hospitality space. You’ll be responsible for building relationships and partnerships, managing budgets and pipelines, new business development and account management.
You will have the drive, ambition, impetus and nouse to manage your own time, further grow your advertiser contacts independently and work collaboratively with the wider TIG team to deliver results.
Solid contacts in the liquor industry are preferred but what’s more important is your 2-5 years’ sales experience either hospitality-side (account management) or media-side selling media packages across print, digital and social (whether that’s straight display advertising, innovative cross-media packages, sponsored content or AV solutions).
You will have a proven track record and be an excellent communicator. You’re required to establish and maintain relationships with agencies, clients and key stake holders. While traditional print sales experience is necessary, we’re seeking someone with extensive digital media experience and the agility to evolve the sales offering as new approaches become available.
Remuneration and commission structure is competitive.
- New business development and account management
- Meet KPIs and sales targets
- Development and maintenance of revenue growth strategies for both assets.
- Work collaboratively with the editorial teams to identify opportunities
- Establish and nurture relationships with agencies, clients and stakeholders
- 25 per cent new business generation and revenue pipeline management
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
Points to be aware of
Applicants should be aware this is a remote working role, on an ongoing contract basis, based in New Zealand, managed from Sydney, with frequent NZ face-to-face client meetings to be expected, some internal New Zealand travel likely and occasional travel to Sydney possible.
How to apply
Please apply as follows:
- Send a brief covering e-mail identifying your suitability for the role, directly referencing the job requirements
- Include a copy of your updated CV
- Highlight your expected base salary level
- Send everything via e-mail to Craig Hawtin-Butcher, Associate Publisher – [email protected] with the subject line: NZ Sales Manager application
- All applications should arrive no later than the end of day Tuesday 17th March 2020
- Shortlisted candidates should expect a phone/video interview in the first instance shortly after the deadline for applications.