The nomination stage for the 2017 Lewisham Awards is now open and the organisers, NZ Chefs Association is looking forward to seeing who is going to get nominated this year , with the announcement of the finalists scheduled for announcement on Tuesday 9 May.
The Lewisham Awards celebrate excellence within the Auckland hospitality sector and for the past fifteen years those working in the ever changing hospitality industry have taken the opportunity to have their say as to who they think are the “crème de la crème” in a variety of different categories.
Last year saw the addition of the popular “Street Food” category and the 2017 awards include separate categories for Best Café and Best Barista
This year’s theme, “Colours of the World” celebrates the diversity and mix of cultures within the hospitality industry. The awards ceremony and after party are set to be another night to remember, with live music, DJ’s, an array of enticing street food and over six hundred hospitality professionals celebrating the best of Auckland hospitality.
The Langham Hotel’s Great Room will play host to this year’s awards as well as the after party on Sunday, June 4.
No awards ceremony can take place without the support of key sponsors and the Lewishams are very lucky to have had the ongoing support of many sponsors over many years. This year the 19 categories and the amazing sponsors that make it possible are noted below:
- Outstanding Waiter sponsored by Crombie Lockwood
- Outstanding Maitre’ d sponsored by Antipodes
- Outstanding Bartender sponsored by Federal Merchants & Co
- Outstanding Sales Representative sponsored by (pending)
- Outstanding Supplier sponsored by Hospitality New Zealand
- Outstanding Wine List sponsored by EuroVintage
- Outstanding Wine Service Professional sponsored by Negociants NZ
- Outstanding Local sponsored by Restaurant Association of NZ
- Outstanding Caterer sponsored by Fine Food NZ
- Outstanding Street Food sponsored by CLYTH MACLEOD
- Outstanding Bar sponsored by Hancocks Wine, Spirit & Beer Merchants
- Outstanding Barista sponsored by Meadow Fresh
- Outstanding Cafe sponsored by Bidfood NZ
- Outstanding New Venue sponsored by Menumate
- Outstanding Establishment sponsored by OneMusic
- Emerging Talent sponsored by Moana NZ
- Outstanding Chef sponsored by Gilmours
- Outstanding Restaurateur sponsored by Pernod Ricard
- Outstanding Hospitality Personality sponsored by Moët Hennessy