Smales Farm on Auckland’s North Shore is busy continuing to re‐invent itself so it is no longer just a place of work, and the next step of its vision is just about ready. Goodside is an amazing collection of restaurants, cafes and bars in a beautiful, leafy venue that’s sure to become one of Auckland’s most delectable dining destinations.
Goodside will give locals and tourists alike a great range of food and beverage experiences in a relaxed, airy environment. Aucklanders can socialise seven days a week while enjoying Goodside’s vibrant mix of hospitality options in a lusciously planted location that delivers an outdoor fireplace, greenhouses, private dining areas, al fresco dining areas, DJs, live music and a range of events and activations.
“Goodside will be something not seen before on the North Shore: a beautiful and exciting destination that is home to some of Auckland’s best food and beverage artisans,” says Smales Farm Chief Executive Paul Gunn.
“We’re excited to have brought on board some of the best boutique hospitality operators in Auckland.They see Goodside as a perfect opportunity to expand their footprint in Auckland, with many of them coming north of the bridge for the first time. I have no doubt they’ll make Goodside one of the best hospitality destinations in Auckland.”
It may also be Auckland’s most accessible hospitality venue. Goodside will benefit from Smales Farm’s extensive parking, easy motorway and bus access, so it’s an easy destination for everyone.
Goodside will be opening with a stellar list of choices, with both simple and sit-‐down options to suiteveryone’s time availability.
- Goodness Gracious is growing off the back of its consistently satisfying bagel-‐centric café offering, with its third outlet opening at Goodside.
- Ripe Deli, the vibrant food-‐lovers’ haven on Grey Lynn’s Richmond Road, is creating a new store with its famous salads, great coffee and delicious baking and slices.
- The artisans at &Sushi are opening their first store north of the bridge.
- Fantail & Turtle Bar and Eatery will be home to 30 craft beer taps and an on-‐site brewery,making it the new must ‘check out’ location for beer aficionados.
- The Grange is a new all-‐day European restaurant, offering delicious food and beverage alongside a relaxed dining experience.
- New Asian fusion restaurant Soho is opening, promising a delicious Thai infused menu.
- NEW burger brand: A disruptive new burger brand is on its way to Goodside, bringing a quick, modern food experience to market for the first time at Smales Farm. Serving great burgers, sides and shakes – fast, the brand will be revealed shortly. Watch this space!
- A Monthly Special pop up store will continuously provide a new experience, even for regulars, with a new guest restaurant every month.
“Sharing food, coffee and a quiet drink are incredibly important for business relationships. With Goodside however, not only are we creating more opportunities for Smales Farm residents, we’re creating a fantastic hospitality experience the local and wider Auckland community can enjoy 7 days a week,” adds Paul.
Goodside at Smales Farm is set to open its doors on 1 December 2018.