First Queenstown Hospitality Awards open for nominations
Queenstown’s flourishing hospitality industry is to be celebrated at the inaugural Queenstown Hospitality Awards, an industry event aimed at highlighting the very best of the region.
Established by the Restaurant Association of NZ and lead partner Trents Wholesale, the awards are an important development for the region, as Queenstown continues to be recognised globally for its distinction in tourism and hospitality.
CEO Marisa Bidois says, “It’s imperative the hospitality industry recognises its champions as it provides not only a peer benchmark for excellence but also serves to give people valuable guidelines on the best places to visit”.
With more than 16 award categories, the best of Queenstown’s hospitality industry – from crew members, to suppliers, to establishments – will be celebrated for their contribution in creating a world-class hospitality industry in Queenstown.
The relevance of the event has attracted support from local and national category sponsors signing up to be part of the inaugural event including Meadow Fresh, Hellers, Pernod Ricard, Federal Merchants, Antipodes, Menumate, Southern Hospitality, Crombie Lockwood, OneMusic, Negociants, GrabOne, Harrows, NZI, First Table and host venue Skyline Queenstown.
Nominations are now open to the industry until Thursday, 26 April. Final voting will begin on Monday, 30 April and winners will be revealed at the highly anticipated awards evening on Monday, 28 May at Skyline Queenstown. Queenstown general public are also able to vote for their favourite establishment in the First Table People’s Choice Award category.
Queenstown Hospitality Awards 2018 Categories
- Meadow Fresh – Outstanding Barista of the Year
- Hellers –Café of the Year
- Pernod Ricard – Outstanding Bartender of the Year
- Federal Merchants – Bar of the Year
- Antipodes – Outstanding Waiter of the Year
- Menumate – Outstanding Front of House Team
- Southern Hospitality – Outstanding Chef of the Year
- Restaurant Association – Emerging Talent of the Year
- Crombie Lockwood – Outstanding Central City Establishment
- OneMusic – Best Ambience & Design
- Negociants – Outstanding Wine Service Professional
- GrabOne – Winery Restaurant of the Year
- Harrows – Restaurant of the Year
- Restaurant Association – Outstanding Sales Rep of the Year
- Restaurant Association – Specialty Supplier of the Year
- NZI – Goods & Services Wholesaler of the Year
- First Table – People’s Choice
- Skyline Queenstown – Outstanding Hospo Hero
For more information or to purchase tickets to the awards evening please visit www.hospitalityawards.co.nz/queenstown