Kiwis will expect first rate service from their favourite restaurants and cafes when they reopen!
To help keep skill levels high and provide an opportunity for employers to encourage up-skilling, the Restaurant Association of New Zealand is offering free online training to its members in everything from table etiquette through to wine service in an effort to use the lock down period to upskill the industry.
“Hospitality is such a full on and busy career choice so its workers often struggle to find the time they would like to dedicate to training and development” says Restaurant Association CEO Marisa Bidois.
“When we reopen the workforce will look quite different so we see the lockdown period as an excellent opportunity to give those baristas, chefs and front of house teams time to upskill.”
The Restaurant Association has created the Raise the Bar Training Academy offering online learning in everything from dealing with tricky customers through to creating an excellent guest experience. The Raise the Bar Training Academy will pull in both local and international experts from the industry including Larry Nadeau formerly of the French Laundry and Marek Przyborek, Sommelier at Huami in Sky City.
Raise the Bar officially launches today and can be accessed via the Restaurant Association’s website. https://www.restaurantnz.co.nz/event_category/professional-development/
The RAISE THE BAR ONLINE TRAINING SCHEDULE starts:
- Tuesday 14 April 2pm – Levelling up service – Honing your observation skills Presented by Krishna Botica, XUXU Dumpling Bar, Café Hanoi and Saan.
- Wednesday 15 April 10am – Levelling up service- Secrets from a Sommelier Presented by Edmundo Farrera, La Fuente wine and Mezcal
- Thursday 16 April 2pm – Levelling up service- Creating the best guest experience Presented by Steve Logan, Logan Brown.
- Friday 17 April 2pm – Levelling up service-Dealing with difficult customers Presented by Margaret Main, Turning Tables
- Tuesday 21st April 2pm- Levelling up service – Beyond the label of old world wines Presented by Marek Przyborek, Huami
- Thursday 23rd April 2pm Levelling up service – Maître d’ tips for success Presented by Katie Woodhead, Hello Beasty