The Queenstown hospitality industry is to be celebrated at the regional Hospitality Awards, an industry event aimed at highlighting the very best of the region.
Organised by the Restaurant Association of NZ, Trents Wholesale and RA Lexis ComplyHub, the awards are an occasion to celebrate and promote the excellence of food and beverage offerings in the region.
“This has been a very tough year for hospitality, particularly so in the Southern Lakes region so it’s imperative the industry comes together to recognise our champions and put aside the challenges we are currently facing for a night to focus on celebrating the great people and business that make up this outstanding region of the country,” says Restaurant Association CEO, Marisa Bidois
Seventeen award categories recognise the best of Queenstown hospitality industry – from crew members, to suppliers, to establishments – each will be celebrated for their contribution in creating a world-class hospitality industry in the region.
Melinda Baillie, Head of Trents Wholesale says “Trents has been Lead Sponsor for the Queenstown Hospitality Awards since they started up again in 2018. It is important to us to support hospitality and hospitality operators in the region, as they support us. We see it as even more important right now to contribute to this celebration, with the challenges we are all facing”.
Final voting began on 6 April and closes on 25th April. Winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony at the Skyline on Monday May 3.
The general public are also able to vote for their favourite establishment in the People’s Choice category award.
Queenstown Hospitality Awards 2021 Categories:
- Meadow Fresh Outstanding Barista
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bartender
- Tevalis Outstanding Front of House Team
- Antipodes Outstanding Maitre’d
- Mt Cool Alpine Salmon Emerging Chef
- Southern Hospitality Outstanding Chef
- Menulog Outstanding Street Food/Casual Dining
- Bidfood Outstanding Café
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Bar
- Restaurant Association of NZ Wine & Beverage List
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Wine Experience
- OneMusic Outstanding Ambience & Design
- Restaurant Association of NZ Outstanding Regional Establishment
- Eftpos NZ Outstanding Restaurant
- McCarthy Outstanding Sales Rep
- Skyline Queenstown Outstanding Supplier
- Restaurant Association of NZ People’s Choice
The Restaurant Association Hospitality Awards were created to put the spotlight on legendary people and businesses making New Zealand unlike any other culinary destination in the world.
For more information regarding the awards go to: https://hospitalityawards.co.nz/queenstown.